Automate downloading audio archives from Broadcastify, the world’s largest source of Public Safety, Airline, Rail, and Marine live audio streams.
This toolkit and its authors are not affiliated with Broadcastify or RadioReference.com LLC.
- Install the
broadcastify-archtkpackage. It’s hosted on pyPI.org, so you can use
pip install broadcastify-archtk
- Get a Selenium WebDriver. Selenium is a browser automator the toolkit uses to interact with Broadcastify’s archive navigation page. You’ll need to download the WebDriver for your chosen browser.
- All testing for the toolkit is done with the Chrome WebDriver, so it’s strongly recommended.
- Get a Broadcastify premium account. Although the toolkit can browse and build the list of archive entries without one, access to find and download archive audio files is behind a paywall. For $15, you can get 180 days of premium access.
- More information at https://m.broadcastify.com/premium/
- Make note of your username and password so the toolkit can use them to log in
- Take a test spin. Give the
broadcastify-archtkdemo a try in a Jupyter notebook.
Check out the User Guide for more information.